Posted by: Chloe
Have you ever heard of Purikura?
It's a very popular Japanese photobooth / stickers machine.
The reason why it is so popular is probably because it automatically takes your best shot with perfect skin and cute puppy eyes. But you can also customize your pictures after the shooting : make up yourself, put some glasses or ribbons in your head, add some shiny stickers and you got the ideal souvenirs from your shopping day with your friends.
You can find Purikura machines in every game center in Japan.
Unfortunately, it’s all written in Japanese !!But you shouldn’t stop at this difficulty : just read my tips and try it !! You’ll have lot of fun for sure.
1. Enter into the shooting corner and prepare yourself (Attention, arrange your hair and clothes before inserting the coins because it will start very quickly!)
2. Insert coins, usually 400 yen.
3. Look at the tactical screen : it will ask you to choose the style, luminosity, size of the eyes and layouts for your pictures. You should choose quickly because it has a count-down who will choose for you when it ends up.
4. Shooting time ! Make fun poses, don’t forget you can put stickers and write on it after.
5. When finish, go to the other side of the machine to customize your pics (with tactical pens on the screen)
6. This is maybe the most frustrated part when you cannot understand Japanese but don’t panic : 2 people can customize on the same time. Select the pic you wants to make, then you should try to open all the little tags and see what you can do (there are pens, stickers, layout, make up…) You can also adjust the size of the item you selected, rotate it, and there is also an eraser so check up at the icons on the screen.
My last tip (but not the less, well I guess..) : try to choose a machine not too crowded, or try to go there on the morning on week days. The customize time has a count-down (generally 120sec, so very fast!!) but if there are no other customers entering the machine while you are in the customize corner, then the timer will stop and you can enjoy it as long as you want ^^!
Posted by: chloe (February 25, 2011 1:21 PM)